A Bruxelles, la chapelle de l’Europe recherche un(e) assistant(e) d’administration et de communication.
Place: Chapel for Europe, rue Van Maerlant 22-24, 1040 Bruxelles
Work: Full time (38 hours/week). There is also a possibility of the ½ time work (19 hours/week) focusing only on the part of the tasks, either on the communication or administration, according to the profile and the availability of the candidate
General Profile: Good communication (written and verbal) and organization skills, computer skills, some social media experience, initiative, flexibility, committed to the vision of the Chapel, creative, team player
Languages: English, French (very good written and spoken)
Accountable to: Director of the Chapel
Working relationships: Director, the Team and the Volunteers of the Chapel
Hours: Full time: Monday-Thursday (9am-5pm), Friday (9am-3pm), can be flexible depending on the events of the Chapel, agreed with the Director of the Chapel. Part time: Monday-Thursday (11am-3pm), Friday (11am-2pm), can be flexible depending on the events of the Chapel, agreed with the Director of the Chapel.
Supervision and evaluation: Director of the Chapel
Organization and Administration Tasks:
- coordinating or participating in the organization of specific events which take place in the Chapel (liturgical celebrations, conferences, seminars, cultural and social events): i.e. contacting participants, logistic issues,
- ensuring that visitors to the Chapel are welcomed, coordinating and supporting the reception team in the Chapel during the opening hours of the Chapel,
- office organization issues,
- managing office correspondence,
- co-managing the calendar of activities of the Chapel.
Communication and Public Relation Tasks:
- taking part in the planning and implementation of the Chapel’s programme strategy, promoting the Chapel and its activities: i.e, managing the websites of the Chapel and the social media activities (fb, tweeter), preparing appropriate newsletters/agendas, developing leaflets and information about the Chapel,
- establishing and developing contacts with partners and participants of the events in the Chapel, looking for new ways to contact the EU officials introducing them to the life of the Chapel,
- establishing and developing contacts with media,
- managing and developing the mailinglists and the contact data bases,
- participating in the organization of the fundraising campaigns,
- offering guided visits in the Chapel to groups and individuals, where appropriate.
If interested and if time available:
- participation in animation of specific events which take place in the Chapel, with the special attention to the events for young European professionals.
Details of all these tasks will be clarified with the Director of the Chapel.
Note: In the course of his/her activities, Administration and Communication Assistant is committed to representing the Chapel worthily. He is bound by professional confidentiality obligation – in particular, by confidentiality in respect of any knowledge of the personal affairs of those who use the Chapel.
Contract period: One year contract starting from 01.09.2015 with the possibility of extension.
Evaluation: after 3 months from the beginning